Broccoli, Pumpkin and Wholegrain Bake
- 350 g of a chosen whole grains (rice, spelt or barley)
- 3 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g of broccoli
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 2 spoons of Parmesan
- 200 g of pumpkin
- Boil your chosen whole grain in salted water (or as per packet instructions).
- Once the whole grain is cooked, sieve the water and pour the whole grain into a bowl and leave aside.
- Wash the broccoli and pumpkin and then cut into small pieces. Steam both vegetables.
- Blend steamed broccoli with some water, a drizzle of oil, parmesan and basil to a creamy consistency. Then mix with the cooked wholegrain and finally add the pumpkin pieces.
- Pour mix into a glass roaster and cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.