Hot cross bun
Preparation time: 3h30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 700g flour
- 10g dry yeast
- 375ml milk + a little for browning
- 75g butter
- 75g sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 5g salt
- 2 eggs
- 150g sultanas
For the crosses :
- 40g flour
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 40g water
- Melt the butter.
- Put the milk, eggs, salt, sugar, melted butter and cinnamon in a bowl. Then add the flour and yeast on top.
- Knead in a food processor or by hand until the dough comes away from the sides.
- Roll up the dough and leave to rise for 2 hours in a warm place.
- Deflate the dough and add the sultanas.
- Form 12 pieces of dough of the same size and place them in a dish without touching each other. Cover with a cloth and leave to rise for another hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dough for the crosses. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Brush the buns with milk
- Put the dough in a piping bag and form crosses on the buns.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Do you want to remove all items from the cart?