Asparagus & Pimento Cheese Puff Pastries
- 50g grated cheddar
- 20g shallots
- 20g mayo
- 10g cornflour
- Chilli powder to taste
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Puff pastry sheet
- 6 large asparagus, woody ends cut off and peeled
- Mix the cheddar, shallots, mayo, cornflour, chilli and Worcestershire sauce together to make pimento cheese
- Roll out approximately 10cm of puff pastry and spread the pimento cheese mixture evenly onto it.
- Cut six strips of pimento cheese topped pastry approximately 1.5cm wide.
- Curl each strip around a spear of asparagus and place them onto a Pyrex glass baking sheet.
- Roast at 190°C for 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the asparagus twists from the tray and let them cool on a rack.