- 30g muscovado or rapadura sugar
- 100g sugar
- 200g of wheat or spelt flour or semi-complete flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 120g soft butter cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons water or fruit juice (orange or apple)
- 800g of a fig and cherry mixture
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the butter and work it in with your fingertips. Once the butter has been mixed in, sprinkle with water or fruit juice and mix with a spoon to help form the crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6
- Arrange the fruit in the Pyrex® Colour dish. Cover with the pastry.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. Lower the temperature to 180°C/gas mark 4 and leave for another 20 minutes. Check at this point and leave for longer if it is not enough. Leave to cool before eating.
Note: if you are using frozen fruit, put the fruit in the dish and put it in the oven as soon as you start preheating, this will defrost it and make it easier to cook.