Milk & Marshmallow Cookies
- 115g butter
- 175g light brown sugar
- 25g golden syrup
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 115g bread flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- (Scant) Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 125g milk chocolate chips
- 50g digestives crushed finely
- 20g oats
- 16 marshmallow pieces
- In a food mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar and syrup together until light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl and mix in the vanilla paste. Add this to the beaten butter and sugar and mix.
- Fold in all the remaining ingredients except the marshmallow pieces. Mix well to form a cookie dough.
- Weigh out 40g balls of dough and place them on a glass baking tray lined with baking parchment. Flatten the dough balls slightly and leave enough room for them to spread.
- Chill the cookie dough for at least an hour before baking in a preheated 180°C oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Add a marshmallow to the centre of the cookie and bake for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on a rack.
- Get 3 kitchen lab beakers, and fill each with milk. Pierce a whole through each marshmallow cookie and insert straw.