Mulled Wine with Pear and Liquorice
15 to 20 minutes
- 750ml red wine
- 2 pears
- 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp liquorice powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 50g brown sugar
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 star anise
- 4 sprigs of black muscat grapes
- Peel the pears, cut them in half. Cut the orange into thin slices.
- Put all the ingredients except the grapes in a Pyrex® Expert Touch saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Place a disc of baking paper on the surface of the liquid so that the ingredients cooks well in the wine.
- Leave to simmer until the pears are cooked.
- Then add the black grapes, and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Then enjoy a warming cup of mulled wine.