PAVLOVA WITH SEASONAL FRUIT
For 6 people
Cooking Time: 120 minutes
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3 egg whites
- 180 g sugar
- 1 cc lemon juice
- 10g cornstarch
For the whipped cream:
- 20cl full cream
- 125g mascarpone
- 30g icing sugar
For the garnish: fruit of your choice.
Put all the ingredients for the whipped cream and the utensils in a cool place (bowl and whisk).
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Beat the whites at low speed until they become frothy. Then beat for a few minutes at medium speed.
- Gradually add the sugar. Continue beating at medium speed.
- Mix in the lemon juice and cornflour. Add to the meringue. Beat a little more until you have a bird's beak meringue.
- Preheat the oven to 100°C.
- Put the meringue in a piping bag and form little nests with it. You can also make them with a large spoon.
- Bake for 1 hour. At the end of this time, leave the meringues inside the oven with the door open.
- Prepare the whipped cream:
- Take all the ingredients and utensils out of the fridge.
- Mix all the ingredients together until you have a firm consistency.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- When the meringues are cold, top the pavlova with the whipped cream. Cut up the fruit you have chosen and arrange the pieces on top.