Red Berry Cheesecake
Serves 4-6 people
20 minutes + 4hour chill
For the base:
160g speculoos biscuit
- 50g crunchy cereal flakes
- 100g melted butter
For the cake:
- 300g cream cheese
- 80g double cream
- 1 pot of natural yoghurt
- 5 sheets of gelatine
- 40g sugar
- 120g whipped cream
- 250g red berries
- Melt the butter. Mix the lotus biscuit and cereal flakes together fairly finely in a blender. Afterwards add the butter and mix in well.
- Pour this mixture into the bottom of the springform pan, and pack and smooth it with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Ideally take the cream cheese, the double cream and the yoghurt out of the fridge one hour in advance.
- Place the sheets of gelatine to soften in a bowl of cold water.
- Whip the cream till it is thick and keep it in a cool place.
- Mix together the cream cheese, double cream, yoghurt and sugar.
- Drain and squeeze the gelatine between your fingers. Melt it in the microwave at 450W for 10 to 15 seconds so that it is very hot. Be careful, it melts very quickly.
- Add a large spoonful of the cream cheese mixture to the gelatine and mix quickly. Add more and mix. Always add the cream to the gelatine, as this will avoid large lumps.
- Repeat until at least 2/3 of the cream cheese mixture is in the gelatine bowl. Then add the remaining mix.
- Finally, gently fold in the whipped cream. Then pour into the mould and smooth out the surface.
- Put it in the fridge for 4h (or more).
- At the time of serving, unmould the cheesecake by opening the hinge (you can run the knife around it) one hour in advance and spread the red fruits nicely on the surface.
Do you want to remove all items from the cart?