Roasted Cauliflower with Tandoori Spices and Orange
To serve :
5tablespoons of olive or sunflower oil
1.5 level tablespoons of tandoori spices
2 tablespoons of honey syrup
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
1 level teaspoon of cumin seeds
1 small organic orange
Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Remove the leaves and the core of the cauliflower, , to reduce waste you could keep these keep for a gratin or soup for example. Detach the cauliflower florets and wash them.
Steam the florets first (do not cook in a pressure cooker) for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Remove the zest from the orange and squeeze it. Mix all the ingredients for cooking in a bowl.
- Pour the pre-cooked cauliflower into the bowl with the cooking ingredients. Mix well.
- Arrange in a Pyrex® Colour dish and drizzle with remaining seasoning.
Place in the middle of the oven for 35 minutes. Check to see if done and leave longer if needed. Serve warm.
- Prepare the garnish:
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan over medium heat, stirring very often. Be careful, it burns easily!
- Wash the orange, cut it into very thin slices with the skin on.
- Wash and roughly chop the herbs.
- Cut very thin strips of red onion.
- Remove the seeds of the half pomegranate.
- Just before serving sprinkle on top of the dish.
Serve and enjoy!