Vegan Lemon Tart
For the dough:
- 120g of flour
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 60g of grated coconut
- 60g of virgin coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons of water (+/-)
For the lemon cream:
- 300ml non-dairy milk
- 55g maize starch
- 4 organic lemons (juice and peel)
- 75g sugar
- 60g deodorised coconut oil
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Mix the dry dough ingredients together, then add the virgin coconut oil and mix well.
- Add enough water to form a good pastry consistency, not too soft or dry. Add more water if needed to get the right mix.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin, then put it in the Pyrex® glass flan dish. If the pastry tears, fix with any remaining dough.
- Bake in the oven at 25 to 30 minutes, remove and leave to cool.
- For the lemon cream add all the ingredients, except the coconut oil, into a saucepan. Mix with a whisk and heat, stirring regularly, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the coconut oil.
- Pour the lemon cream into the empty pastry shell. Leave to cool at room temperature and then put in the fridge for 1 hour until set.
Do you want to remove all items from the cart?