Many of us like to add that warm and cosy feeling to our homes with scented candles, but they can become quite pricey especially if you buy them often. A solution to this is to do it yourself at home with a very simple method using our glass ramekins or Cook & Go mini glass storage containers.
The beauty of this DIY method is that you can control what ingredients you add, including the ultimate smell you have been longing for. Make sure you have a clear working area to make the candle and read through the method below before attempting it.
Once you have made your first candle you will be able to become more adventurous with the oils and decorative elements you would like to use.Ingredients for a DIY candle
Ingredients for a DIY candle
- 0.2L Pyrex® ramekin or mini Cook & Go base
- 200g of wax or paraffin
- 7 to 9 cm wick
- 1 piece of recycled cardboard
- 20 drops of essential oil (boiling point above 65°C)
- Dye (optional)
- Decorative elements, according to your choice
- Prepare the moulds and decoration before melting the wax.
- Fix the wick in the bottom of the Pyrex® product with a dot of glue, and hold it upright with a piece of cardboard and tape.
- Melt the wax in a water bath in a Pyrex® measuring glass while stirring with a metal spoon. Be careful not to put water in the wax, the water must not boil. As soon as the wax begins to melt, remove the pan from the heat, the wax must not heat up too much. Add suitable essential oils and colouring agents if desired.
- Pour into the mould. Immediately decorate by adding decorative elements before it dries.